can you do pork loin on the rotisserie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb

I know when I cook them in the oven, they tend to fall apart. Would it be better to smoke it on the grill?

Oh heck yes you can! I've done it before on the ECB rotisserie I had. Just make sure you don't overcook it. Loin are very lean and can get dry quickly. Brining helps. Give it a whirl and let us know how it comes out.

Oh yes indeed! In fact, that's my favorite way to cook pork loin. I use butcher's twine and tie the roast ever three inches or so - or at least I used to until I got these silicon bands that I slide around the roast like a rubber band. Easier than tying wet butcher's twine.

Pat

Thanks guys....ok, I'm trying to get everything right in my head for this.....putting it on this Saturday. It's half a loin, 5.54lb......what advice do you have for a brine??? I'll use a drip pan under it with charcole around the pan, right? And I have seen Tyler Lawence on the cooking channel tie his roasts starting at the end and going under each tie as to being abel to pull each tie tight.....what is the first END tie to start??? Maybe I need to look this up
icon_confused.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif
. I smoked some drummies a few days ago on the grill indirect and I'll tell ya, it's a fun tasty way to use the webber.....having fun with all this for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back