can not get to stoker off of network

PaulF

I must be doing something stupid wrong, but i have been struggling with this for days. It works on my network, but not from outside. I have read all the instructions and posts, and tried all the recommendations. It is a dlink 655 router and comcast it the isp.

Comcast said they do not block port80, and the site says the same,
http://customer.comcast.com/Pa...-High-Speed-Internet

I have the stoker set to static ip, and the the ip reserved on the 655, i have port 80 forwarded to the stoker IP and still nothing

Try hooking up your stoker with an ethernet cable directly into your router and then go through the setup. That was the biggest problem I had was with the wireless bridge. It was iffy at best. I could see it on my home network but couldn't acess it from anywhere else. Once I set it up with the direct connection it was fine.

One thing I found when I tried to do this was that I was using a static IP on my Stoker, it turned out that I had use DHCP for it. Don't ask me why, but it's the only way I could get this to work.

Bob is right - you need to use DHCP. The reason why is that there is no way to set the default gateway using the static setup and thus the stoker does not know where to send the response. Using DHCP it will get the default gateway from the router's DHCP server. It's a flaw in the firmware recognized by Kaytat.

-rob

I'm having a similar problem. I set up my stoker for access from the internet, and everything was working fine. A week later, I can't get through. The connection times out. I'm using dyndns.com for access, and from within my network everything works perfectly.

I have a Netgear WNR2000 with a wired connection to the stoker. I have the stoker address reserved, and port forwarding to the stoker. The router is set up for tje dyndns service. Any suggestions?

I'll check. I assume the telnet command would be ipconfig -d to set DHCP on. I can tell you the ip address shown on the stoker is the one I set in the router, and access works from the lan.

Rob:

Thanks for the tip. I set DHCP on at the stoker, and voila, back on the internet. Works perfectly now. Now I've got to get things set up for a big cook in August- pork shoulder for about 100 people! There will be other things as well, but I'm going to have both the 18.5 and 22.5 fully loaded with the stoker running both. Should be exciting.

Rob,
I'm having the same trouble, it works fine on my network but I'm not able to get it to work outside. I'm using a Linksys gaming bridge and a linksys router. I've set it up in the router to accept outside requests as well as have port forwarding set up for port 80 to 192.168.100 and have the DHCP on. But still no luck.

on windows:
Start->run
type cmd then enter

Find out the IP address of your stoker. Let's say it's 192.168.1.100

type telnet 192.168.1.100

you are now "telnetted" to the stoker and can issue the commands as described in the manual.

-rob

Back