Can I use the rotisserie motor from a Genesis 1000 on a E-310?

AjaHearn

A friend gave me his S-310 which I converted over to LP.. I would like to re-use the rotisserie from my old grill. The mounting bracket fits but the spit is not long enough. I see some people recommending onegrill - and they do carry the spit/forks. Am I being pound foolish here? I don't use the rotisserie that often. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what the question is here, but my experience has been that buying a whole roti setup is much less expensive than buying it by the piece. Will the motor fit the bracket? Most likely it will, but I have one (a Joetisserie) that doesn't. The spit rods are typically 5/16" or 3/8", and the 5/16" forks can be filed to fit the 3/8" rod. Most motors are set to drive a 5/16" rod and the 3/8" rods have a reduced- sized drive end to fit the motor. The biggest headache is finding a square rod that has a rounded "turned down" area with the correct spacing for your grill.

you might want to hang on to your old 1000 just for rotisserie. The east west burners do a great job with Roti.

just a thought

Thanks for all the prompt replies. In pricing everything out I would only save $10 going piecemeal so I am not going to bother. I'm going to see if someone wants the 1k as I don't have a lot of room in my backyard and the 310 is more than enough for me.

If it were me, I'd post it on FB marketplace. Even if you are thinking of giving it away. It will hopefully find a home with a rehabber than someone scrapping it.

@Rich G is nearby maybe the guy near him that has a yard full of webers would be interested.

I mix and match rotisserie parts all the time. It sounds like all you need is a new rod which is less expensive than the set. I would measure the size you need, check used on FB, and craigs list, then if you want order one from eBay or Amazon. For the most part motors and mounts are usually 3"

Back