Burner Tube Question

Hi Dave,

If you replaced the burners, then chances are the new burners have a spider screen built-in, and the plastic ones are not needed.

If you need a couple, I can send them to you for postage costs. I don't have a use for them, but I have yet to toss them out.

Hi Dave,

If you replaced the burners, then chances are the new burners have a spider screen built-in, and the plastic ones are not needed.

If you need a couple, I can send them to you for postage costs. I don't have a use for them, but I have yet to toss them out.
I'll message you, Thanks!

I was wondering about this myself after struggling with a similar but smaller one on my side burner and looking at the original main burners on my 3000.
I didn’t want to remove them to see if I could just take one off of an unused later design spare and just drill a hole to mount it
Are the diameters different?

I was wondering about this myself after struggling with a similar but smaller one on my side burner and looking at the original main burners on my 3000.
I didn’t want to remove them to see if I could just take one off of an unused later design spare and just drill a hole to mount it
Hank I'm not sure and all the diameters being the same. I have switched these spider guards on the main burner tubes between Silver A,B and Genesis 1000's and they all seem to fit. Maybe someone else can chime in on your question that has more knowledge than I.

Hank, on the Silver C grills the side burner spider guard is different than the main burner guards. The overall diameter looks the same, the "input" holes look the same, but the "output" holes are vastly different, the main burner guards having a much bigger hole. The side burner tube is a lot smaller, therefore a smaller hole in the guard. This is on the Silver C. I'm guessing the 3000 should be the same deal - a much smaller burner tube on the side burner. I have not checked but it seems to me that the Silver series main burner guards and the Genesis 1, 1000 main burner guards should be the same.
-John (Boston)

Do you really need the spider guards? Well... We rented a house in FL a while back and there was a grill (NOT a Weber - don't remember the make) on the deck to use. Well, it didn't want to light and I could smell gas badly. Turned out that ALL of the burner tubes (I think it had four) were blocked by spiders who had built "nests" in them. I took it apart, cleaned out the tubes, and got it running. This could have been a little scarier had the gas ignited under the control panel. So, yeah... I like spider guards :)
-John (Boston)

Hank, on the Silver C grills the side burner spider guard is different than the main burner guards. The overall diameter looks the same, the "input" holes look the same, but the "output" holes are vastly different, the main burner guards having a much bigger hole. The side burner tube is a lot smaller, therefore a smaller hole in the guard. This is on the Silver C. I'm guessing the 3000 should be the same deal - a much smaller burner tube on the side burner. I have not checked but it seems to me that the Silver series main burner guards and the Genesis 1, 1000 main burner guards should be the same.
-John (Boston)
You are correct. The 3000 also has side burner guards which have a much smaller output hole than the main burner guards, in fact those used on gen 3-3k and gen c have the same part number, 4786971, and are available online. I just tend to worry too much when I am depending on plastic parts which are NLA, such as those for main burners.

Last edited:

Back