TVWBB Super Fan
I made this once and it was very good. Here's the recipe:

1 Chicken, pulled and chopped
~1.5 lbs leftover pulled pork, chopped
~2 lbs leftover brisket, chopped
3 lbs tomatoes fresh or canned, I used a combo
6 ears fresh corn
1 lb frozen lima beans

Combine meat, vegetables and about 3 cups liquid (broth or water) in a big pot. Heat to a low boil, then simmer covered for an hour. Uncover and simmer another hour, stirring it to keep from sticking.

Add the following:

1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Cayenne pepper to taste
1 c ketchup
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
3/4 apple cider vinegar
Hot sauce to taste
1 stick butter or margarine

Simmer for another 15-30 minutes.

Before.....

057.JPG

And after!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7nkd...OGpFHM/s1600/058.JPG

I served it with some fresh corn bread. As a side note, the leftovers froze very well in a large ziploc bag and were great about two months later.

I was wondering the other day if I could find a good stew recipe. I really miss the BBQ joints in Alabama and their stew.

I may have to try it. Hey, you're only in Chandler. I'll come over and try some of yours!

I may have to try it. Hey, you're only in Chandler. I'll come over and try some of yours![/QUOTE]

Come on over!!!

I love a good brunswick stew recipe!!! goinvg to have to try this. My favorite has been one from "the frugal gourmet cooks american" byr Jeff Smith (available for next to nothing I guess on amazon as a used book) uses okra lima beans and corn and has a superb balance in the recipe of flavor.

That cookbook by he way also has an amazing jambaylya recipe!!!

Originally posted by Tom Raveret:
That cookbook by he way also has an amazing jambaylya recipe!!!

I might have to look into that. Chicken and sausage jambalaya is a Sunday favorite at my house. Let me know your thoughts if you make some of the stew.

Back