Broilmaster P3 Natural gas valve question

Jay D in Jersey

Closed Account
Just finished getting the Broilmaster up off the deck floor and back in grilling order after the wind toppled it on our beach house deck.
I fired it up for awhile to make sure all was AOK.
Seems to be fine. One issue I've had with it since I restored it is...with the valves open fully, it gets hot fast. Mostly orange flames that I can see. However, if I turn the valves to the 6 O'clock position, the burner flutters and usually goes out. This happens on both sides of the bowtie burner.
Any ideas as to what is going on?

Maybe make sure everything is cleaned. No spiders and such. Barring that, check gas pressure make sure it's within specs and finally have a look at the air shutters

Maybe make sure everything is cleaned. No spiders and such. Barring that, check gas pressure make sure it's within specs and finally have a look at the air shutters
I agree. I’m not sure what measures went into your restoration, but I had to make significant air shutter adjustments on my P3 when I went from the original smaller bow tie burner to the newer, larger bow tie now offered.

I agree. I’m not sure what measures went into your restoration, but I had to make significant air shutter adjustments on my P3 when I went from the original smaller bow tie burner to the newer, larger bow tie now offered.
Good info. I swapped a new larger burner for an older larger burner...no adjustment s

Back