Brisket Questions

S Bussie

I have a 2lb brisket and am going to smoke it. Wanted to know how long should I let it go for. I know it's a small piece of meat so I dont want it to dry out. Also can anyone recommend a good marinade ? Also, I have a 22.5 WSM that I dont really want to fire up since the piece of meat is so small, I was going to use my weber kettle. Advice on all 3 questions would be helpful.

Well, you probably have a 2lb brisket flat. If it was me I would...inject it if I could...either way I'd do it hot and fast...350 if possible and cook it to 200.

You can definitely do it on the kettle. I'd suggest indirect with coals banked on one side and a liberally rubbed brisket On the other. Smoke it a little, then cook until it feels tender when you stick it with a probe or fork. Underdone is actually worse than overdone. If it seems to be taking too long, wrap it in foil.

thanks for all of the replies. I'm goping with the kettle. I jut could come to grips with firing up the big boy for that small briskett. And Alan it is a flat. thanks again

Back