BRick chicken win

Stacy Hudson

TVWBB Member
On vacation this year the kitchen goods store near the campsite was going out of business. They were selling all of their wares at 60% off. So I stocked up on my Lodge cast iron stash. I got a wonderful skillet, a dutch oven, and two grill presses. Today, I decided that I needed to make brick chicken to break in my new iron. Bought a beautiful whole chicken, removed the backbone and butterflied the hen. Rubbed the bird under the skin with some Galenta seasoning with some added salt and pepper. brought the grill to temp and added the presses. after 40 minutes the taste was awesome.

Some crisp skin was sacrificed on the wings, probably my error. But the chix was tasty, juicy, and an overall win. Love my new finds, and can't wait to use again!!

Sounds like a good score,but I sure would like to see the results of that chicken.May be like me somtimes I am so hungary when I finish no time for pictures.lol

Alas, once the good smells came into the house, the pix were not fit for the site. There were not many leftovers, lol. The foos was good, but the sale was even better. Got into the sale at the kitchen goods store, and got in on the open box thermopen sale. All are aligned for good food at my house. Can't complain!

Back