Breaking: Best Charcoal Grill

The article is not a true apples to apples comparison, I would never list a Kamado style grill, in this case a middle of the road KJ against a couple of sub $400 kettle types. I don't think anyone will argue that the Weber Kettle is an iconic charcoal grill that best's the majority of the competition out there at an equal price point. To me, Kamado style grills would be judged against equal mates, i.e. BGE, KJ, WSK, Primo etc.

This may seem cheesy but in my world the Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Smoker is one that I look upon with deep fondness. It is the first unit that I bought in 2015 that propelled my journey into outdoor cooking. That smoker delivered many family meals on our table, gave me enjoyment, and within months led me here to this impossibly perfect site and onward to my own Weber journey. I handed-over that electric smoker to my Daughter but I think of it often. As I write, I can recall shopping at Kroger for ingredients for one of our first meals.

Here's to all outdoor cookers!

I've seen the little Char Griller patio pro and figured it was just the fuel chamber from a offset repurposed into a cheap grill.
Sounds like they love it.
1722696259439.png

I've seen the little Char Griller patio pro and figured it was just the fuel chamber from a offset repurposed into a cheap grill.
Sounds like they love it.
View attachment 97199
This little grill definitely intrigues me. It actually comes in 3 configurations; this one, portable, and as a side mounted firebox for an offset. Tom Horseman has a bunch of videos of it and raves about it. I like that is can do indirect and direct with good airflow control and the slide out burn chamber makes adding fuel easy without taking off the grate.

Close but no cigar. Until you test a WSK in that grouping, you haven’t tested all the possibilities.
Have to agree because they include the gimmick, gadget, accessory magnet, the KJ. If you're including Kamado grills and the article is about the best charcoal grills, not a very comprehensive or fair assessment.

This little grill definitely intrigues me. It actually comes in 3 configurations; this one, portable, and as a side mounted firebox for an offset. Tom Horseman has a bunch of videos of it and raves about it. I like that is can do indirect and direct with good airflow control and the slide out burn chamber makes adding fuel easy without taking off the grate.
Next time I'll look more closely when I see the floor model, thanks.

Why does the Jumbo Joe always get overlooked when it comes to a comparison of small charcoal grills, and only the Smokey Joe is in the comparison? For size and capability, my Jumbo Joe has become one of my favorites for smaller everyday cooks as well as camping

Why does the Jumbo Joe always get overlooked when it comes to a comparison of small charcoal grills, and only the Smokey Joe is in the comparison? For size and capability, my Jumbo Joe has become one of my favorites for smaller everyday cooks as well as camping
Here is a nice comparison.

Back