Brain Dead

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
So yesterday had a loooong ordeal with Big Orange (my Kubota) see other thread. Wife wanted chicken wings on the smoker. It was late, I said fine. While I took a shower she rain to Cattle & Cream and got a pack of their "party wings" and a fresh jar of Killer Hogs Hot Rub. And I got Big Z started while in the shower.
She gets home, I toss in the wings Killer Hot Rub, on the grill and sit down to a rare treat (a beer). New Glarus Pilsner. I let them smoke at 230 about 30-40 min, then (thank you WIFI) I cranked them up to 385. And then? I blitzed and totally forgot them. :( They were crisp all right. Thankfully she found a Kirkland Cheese Pizza in the freezer. So, Big Z went to 425 and once there the Za went on for 10 min. Checked it, set a timer for 2 min and this time I STAYED with it.
She proclaimed "best crust ever on a frozen pizza". I have to admit, Big Z did a VERY fine job here. Only gripe was their sauce is so loaded with sugar It tasted like I was eating tomato streusel. BTW the Za was right on the grates. No messing around here. It's how I roll. Anyway the night was salvaged and Big Z was up to the task :D

I love wings, and that hurts this fat man's heart! Glad there was a backup plan and it worked out. I know what you mean on the sauce. I'm spoiled and my wife makes pizza for us almost every week with a very simple tomato sauce, no sugar allowed! Oh, and good choice on the beer, I love New Glarus.

Back