Boneless Country Ribs

Rita Y

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have some boneless country ribs (cut from a butt) from Costco marinating overnight in a hoisin-style marinade. Some of them are long strips about 1 1/2" to 2" square in cross-section. I've timmed out the larger fat deposits.

I was thinking of grilling them on my gasser indirect (because of the sweet marinade) with only one burner (of 3) on so as to have enough room for about 6 pounds of meat strips.

I think I'd like to have them cooked to just short of pulling, more toward a slicing texture. I don't want them to fall-apart shred.

Medium? Medium-low? Indirect 300° or less?

What internal temperature? I know, I know....till tender like butta.
icon_smile.gif

I thought I'd finish briefly over a higher heat to crisp them up just a bit if the hoisin doesn't darken too much before they are done.

What kind of cook time am I looking at?

Rita

Rita, i grill csr's all the time, cook the same way you would a 1"-1 1/2" pork chop. I grill the csr's over direct heat 350-400 degrees, cook to internal temp of 140 and take off the grill, tent with foil for about 10-15 mins and good to go.
Me personally prefer grilled csr's over low and slow csr's. Also imo best if eaten asap.

I'd do indirect (275-300) and finish direct if you need a bit more color; which I believe was what you were gonna do initially!
icon_smile.gif

Unlike a chop, I like to give them a little bit more time.

Rita I'd do them however you would do a thick pork chop. I would do indirect and baste it a couple times with the marinade. Maybe direct to finish but be careful due to the sugar in the marinade.

Back