Before I Take The Plunge....

R L Bagwell

TVWBB Pro
Hello All:

I've lurked w/o posting for almost two years now, and have learned a lot from reading your respective contributions.

After reviewing a boatload of posts on this site, I've settled on the DigiQ II as an ATC system for my WSM 22.5 (had her for almost a year now - haven't decided on a name yet),but to tell the truth, I'm somewhat perplexed.

As a woodworking hobbyist, I follow the adage, "Mark twice, cut once". But as it applies to my beloved WSM, I am aprehensive when it comes to drilling into her.

That said, after reviewing a number of posts, I'm confused as to what mods, involving drilling, are required to install a DigiQ II on my 22.5 WSM.

If someone could give me a quick course before I place my order, it would be greatly appreciated.

RL,
I have the 18.5 WSM with DigiQII with 10 CFM. The Weber adapter BBQGuru sells for mounting the fan is a no drill item. Only a screwdriver is needed to install it, then seal off the other bottom vent holes and get Qing! You may need to check for charcoal grate clearance on the 22 when selecting the mounting hole.
Mike

Mike:

Thanx much for your reply - following my post, I returned to the Guru site and, after a bit more searching, managed to locate the PDF file concerning installation of the device on the WSM.

I ordered the DX model Friday, and it's scheduled for shipping tomorrow.

Back