1 pound flank steak, trimmed
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
Freshly ground pepper

Directions​

1. Make the pickled red onion: Combine the cider vinegar, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl and whisk to dissolve. Add the red onion and 2 tablespoons cilantro and stir to combine. Cover and set aside at room temperature, 1 hour.
  2. Meanwhile, soak 20 wooden skewers in warm water, at least 20 minutes. Slice the flank steak against the grain into 20 strips, about 1/8 inch thick. Thread the meat accordion-style onto the skewers and set aside until ready to grill.
  3. Combine the remaining cilantro, the garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the olive oil in a blender and puree until smooth; transfer to a small bowl.
  4. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with olive oil, then grill the skewers until marked, about 1 minute per side. Serve with the chimichurri and pickled onion.

This was dinner tonight. DH also grilled scallops for me. Everything was very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click on the link, that picture is better than anything I could post. lol

Actually, I did try to post a picture DH took, but the darn thing would not work. I don't know what is going on.:confused:

All That matters to me is that everything DID taste very good. You know what is strange? I enjoyed the onions more than anything else. Weird, right?

Back