3 TB. grated lemon zest
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 TB. ground coriander
1 TB. crushed red chile flakes
1/3 cup minced ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions, ends trimmed, minced
1/4 cup chopped rosemary sprigs

1. In a bowl large enough to hold the wings, combine all the remaining ingredients. Add the wings and mix thoroughly. Marinate the wings in the refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours. (the longer, the better.)
2. If using a gas barbecue or an indoor grill, preheat to medium (350F). If using charcoal or wood, prepare a fire. Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. When the grill is hot, brush with oil, then add the wings. Regulate the heat so that it remains at a medium temperature. Grill the wings for about 30 minutes with the grill covered. Turn the wings about every 5 minutes, basting them on both sides with the reserved marinade. The wings are done when the skin turns an even mahogany color and the meat is tender.
3. Remove the wings from the grill. Cut the wings in half through the joint. Transfer to a platter and serve.

Source: "The Great Wings Book" - Hugh Carpenter - 2008

These are the first wings that I tasted tonight. I can't tell you how happy I am to find a different taste. I really enjoyed these very much and looking forward to having other things using Pomegranate Molasses.

Back