BBQ Guru Fan and Adpater?

JoeMarcum

TVWBB Member
Will the BBQ Guru Pit Viper 10 CFM fan and the Weber adapter work with the LinkMeter v2 Homebrew? I've gone through the instructions on building out the controller unit but not so sure about the fan and adapter. Would I be able to just plug in the viper directly to a port on the homebrew?

It should work fine, but you'll have to come up with a way to plug the barrel jack into the heatermeter's RCA style jack. You can either build an adapter or simply replace the jack on the Pit Viper fan.

Will the BBQ Guru Pit Viper 10 CFM fan and the Weber adapter work with the LinkMeter v2 Homebrew? I've gone through the instructions on building out the controller unit but not so sure about the fan and adapter. Would I be able to just plug in the viper directly to a port on the homebrew?

Joe did you ever try this out? I would like to do this project but I'm not sure how to mount the recommended blower to my WSM so I was looking at the Pit viper fan as well.

Thanks

Joe did you ever try this out? I would like to do this project but I'm not sure how to mount the recommended blower to my WSM so I was looking at the Pit viper fan as well.

Thanks

Paul, I don't remember the exact post but there have been threads with people describing their custom mounts for the WSM. If I recall correctly, the most popular method was a small metal bowl that mounted over one of the WSM air intakes and then mounting the fan to a cutout in the middle of the bowl. There was another method originally designed for another smoker, but pretty similar to the WSM (I think), involving a closed loop of perforated copper pipe with a fan attached to the inlet. Sort of like a propane spreader at the bottom of a gas grill. Search for "airburner"

I have an early 18" WSM and use a 10 CFM BBQ Guru Pit Viper fan with their Small Universal / Weber Adapter. I fabricated a male RCA plug to female barrel jack adapter, have been running the Pit Viper with my HeaterMeter 4.0 since May, and have done 4 or 5 cooks with it. The fan works exceptionally well in all respects. The adapter and the fan housing are all stainless steel and other than BBQ Guru's price, it is a quality blower solution.

Check out my rock solid temperature line in the graph I posted.

-- Mache

Last edited:

Back