Bacon on the 650

Eric-NH

TVWBB Pro
Trying this out, really liking the IR burner. Made bacon shots last night, same method and they were DELICIOUS

Attachments

• PXL_20231007_122857780.jpg
    PXL_20231007_122857780.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20231006_223534844.jpg
    PXL_20231006_223534844.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 9
Novel use of the IR. I use mine when making pizzas
I was actually JUST thinking it would be a great way to finish off a pizza. Might do that tonight. I usually use the performer with kettle pizza attachment, but it's raining and the canopy is on the deck over the summit, so that is a better option with the weather today

Oh, I don't just "finish" it off. I keep all 6 burners on at a mid level (after a good preheat), and the IR burner on high slide my pizzas directly onto the grates, close lid a couple minutes, rotate, close, remove and eat. With the heat from top and bottom it goes fast. Like being in a wood burning oven

Oh, I don't just "finish" it off. I keep all 6 burners on at a mid level (after a good preheat), and the IR burner on high slide my pizzas directly onto the grates, close lid a couple minutes, rotate, close, remove and eat. With the heat from top and bottom it goes fast. Like being in a wood burning oven
Sounds similar to me doing it on the performer. I wrap a second grate in tinfoil and set it in the top of the kettle pizza ring so the flames hit that and roll forward towards the opening. Rotate the pizza every 20-30 seconds and the pie is done in about 2 minutes, maybe 3. I tend to have it between 600 to 700 degrees.

Back