Auber vs Maverick

Greg Wingate

Have been using my Maverick ET-732 for quite some time with good results. Recently purchased a Auber ATC and had my first cook with both units. The probes were place in the same location on the bottom of the upper grill. Anyway, the Aubre always recorded a temp about 12 degrees below the Maverick. The fan part of the unit worked great. Anyone else had this problem?

Greg,
Considering everything... at the price point: between the two; I think a ten degree variation would be a reasonable margin of error.
Would not worry about it. However: Use ONE method to temp your cooks. Repeatability in something is what your looking for.
Using two instruments to measure will drive you crazy! Like me, I'm sure your looking for an "agreement" between thermos. It's
most probably not gonna happen. I say that because it's a been there, down that, and finally realize it doesn't matter situation. It's
all NOT rocket science as much as I try to make be! :)

The probe temp was off on my Auber when I first got it. Read higher than the Maverick. Called and they told me to use ice water instead of boiling, too many factors affect the boiling point of water. Anyway, the rep took me through the process of resetting the controller to adjust the probe temp. Now, same as Maverick. Good customer service at Auber, at least for me.

Last edited:

Back