Auber Temperature Control Test

Richard Diaz

TVWBB Pro
Received my Auber last week. I finally had the time to do a boiling water and freezing water test today. In the boiling water test it got up to 210, I will adjust to 212 based on my barometric pressure, the freezing water test got down to 34. I had my Tru Temp digital thermometer to confirm and they were within a degree of each other on both tests. The boiling test results were consistent with what I found online and detailed in this Naked Whiz review http://www.nakedwhiz.com/produ...ews/auber/auber1.htm . I'm not a scientist and I don't have a lab just winging it. It's very accurate. I tested the fan with the cold water test, set the temperature to 40 degree on the Auber and the fan turned and would not shut off, I then set the temperature to 30 degrees and the fan then shut off, it then cycled on an off. The temperature reading was 34 degrees for the fan testing. The fan is also surprisingly sturdy, the housing for the fan is made metal(which surpirsed me) and their patented installation system with the metal spring gives it a snug fit with easy installation and removal. I will provide pictures after my first cook. It is made of plastic so I will be getting an air tight container to put it in an protect it from the elements. Setting the temperature is also easy. I can't wait to do my first overnight with this, I can now sleep without waking up in the middle of the night. I will play with the high and low alarms when I do my first cook. It will be even better when I get my Maverick 732 with money I saved by buying Auber instead of the Nano Q and I will be able to monitor two meats at the same time. I would recommend. Just my .02 cents.

I'm looking forward to hearing the results of your use. I got my unit last fall and only used it one on a wsm and once on a primo. I wasn't happy with the way it operated on either cooker. I learned a lot more since then and figure I need to give it another shot.

here's the thread with more info

I have actually used it 4 times, I've done 3 butts and 3 racks of ribs. The last time I cooked I did a 9 lb butt this past Friday night and finished the cook into Saturday. I put her on at 10:00 pm on Friday and she was done at 2:30 pm on Saturday, I pulled at 185 degrees internal temperature. I used a ceramic saucer that I placed in the water bowl. When the temperature got to 260 I placed the butt on. I hooked up my Auber and set the temperature at 250, the grill was at 250 within 20 minutes and I went to bed at 11:00 pm. I woke up around 8:00 am and the temperature was 250, I checked it several times after to add some wood and the temperature was always between 248 and 251. The alarms never went off. I put a bag of the competition K, filled it to the top and I still had 1/3 of a ring of charcoal ring after I finished the cook. My bottom vents were closed, the only vent that was used was for the fan hook-up, I set the top vent at half open. My cook lasted 16.5 hours and the Auber controller held the temperature extremely well. For the first two cooks I took my digital thermometer and used it to measure the temperature of the grill, I compared it with the Auber temperature reading, it was within 1 degree most of the time. I would highly recommend it and I am very pleased with its performance.

Back