Associating probes with blower on Stoker

Bob Linscomb

Would someone please clarify the steps required to associate a pit probe with the fan on the stoker? I thought I had done it correctly, but Stoker Log was showing "NO CONTROL"

Thanks for the help...!

If memory serves me correctly the association is done in the Stoker's web-interface and then Stokerlog reads what is set on the Stoker. I think there's a drop down next to your probe to associated the blower to the appropriate probe.

Hopefully I'm close, this memory doesn't work like it used to. Someone else please chime in to confirm or tell me I'm nutz.

In one of Robs great videos he shows how to associate your probes and blowers using the Stoker's native interface. You can view it HERE.

Thanks again to Rob for putting these together, I wish I would have had access to these when I first started using my Stoker. Highly recommend for any new Stoker user.

Larry is right. I have been too lazy to add that step to stokerlog
icon_smile.gif
. You need to use the browser and configure it from the drop down menu.

Or, you can do it the old fashioned way and make the association from the Stoker box itself. Using the buttons on the front, look at the LED display and find the probe you want to associate, select it, then when you get to "blower", make the association to the blower that Stoker finds. You can also set your target temp. Then when you start up Stokelog, it will read the settings from Stoker.

Thanks guys... I had seen that video some time ago, but had forgotten about it. Pretty straight forward.

I'd love to being able to do it all from Stoker Log. Is that difficult code to include Amir?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd love to being able to do it all from Stoker Log. Is that difficult code to include Amir? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is fair amount of work for a feature that gets used once so I have put it in low priority.

Truth to be told, I didn't know how to do it initially and hence the reason the feature is not there
icon_smile.gif
. And then discovered it by accident last year.

The probe will remain associated with the blower, so unless you're using multiple pit probes, or multiple blowers, I don't see why you'd change this often enough to need it in stokerlog.

When I used 3 WSM, i just put a piece of tape on each of the plugs indicating what smoker it belonged to. Just match the probe and the blower, and no pairing is necessary. I think. It's been a while since I've done that.

Pat,

I think the stoker saves it in memory (NVROM) so as long as you have the same setup you're fine. When you change the setup (pit1/blower1 becomes pit2/blower1) for instance, you'll need to change it.

-rob

Back