Any ideas for mounting table in a different way...

Amit Arora

I currently have one of these tables and it hooks onto the weber kettle edge. I've noticed that I'm getting some smoke out from round where it joins which I think is affecting the temps.

Anyone seen alternatives/have any other idea for different ways to mount this that might not interfere with the edge of the kettle. Say mounting it to the handle etc?

Ideas appreciated!

Every time someone posts a picture of the "first" Weber grill, I wonder why I cannot buy a frame like that.

I have seen a flat band of steel around a kettle in a circle and incorporated into a frame in various ways.

There was a vendor in San Diego at a farmer's market selling them and it made an impression. I think one of them was in a the form of a man holding a kettle in his arms. Another had the kettle incorporated into a bicycle frame shape.

My wife caught me looking and shuffled us off pretty quickly...

There is a member here who has a circle made of rebar and welded to simple rebar legs. Very similar concept. It has been awhile since I have seen the picture.

Last edited:
Every time someone posts a picture of the "first" Weber grill, I wonder why I cannot buy a frame like that.

You'd probably want to figure out an alternate way to hold the lid if you had the strap stand like the original. One of the neat design 'accidents' of the Weber design is that the bottom of the lid fits into the recess between the bowl and legs when it's hanging. You wouldn't get that with the original design.

Maybe a round of Lava Lock tape in the lip of the lid to seal. Probably would form enough on those bowl hangers to stop the leaks. Works good sealing grills for me.
Lava Lock tape isn't so readily available in the UK. Tons of other cheap options on Amazon - but sometimes dubious of the cheaper no brand option!

Lava Lock tape isn't so readily available in the UK. Tons of other cheap options on Amazon - but sometimes dubious of the cheaper no brand option!
I have friends that stated they went to a fire stove store and purchased some insulated cord used for fireplace to sal try them

jerryc

Have you tried the one that you link to?
I bought the Big Green Egg branded gasket that looks an awful lot like that - it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's the same product.

Once you get that many reviews, it's hard to support them with bots, especially considering that they're not just drive-by reviews without any written submission.

I currently have one of these tables and it hooks onto the weber kettle edge. I've noticed that I'm getting some smoke out from round where it joins which I think is affecting the temps.

Anyone seen alternatives/have any other idea for different ways to mount this that might not interfere with the edge of the kettle. Say mounting it to the handle etc?

Ideas appreciated!
I guess adding a second set of legs is out of the question?

I thought rare earth magnets would hold the four legged table to the side if the grill when needed, but it appears that they become permanently compromised after exposure the temps above 100 degrees Celsius.

I guess adding a second set of legs is out of the question?

I thought rare earth magnets would hold the four legged table to the side if the grill when needed, but it appears that they become permanently compromised after exposure the temps above 100 degrees Celsius.
I could go a second set of legs, but it kind of makes the portability of more awkward.

That is a really good idea actually with the magnets but you'd need to attach them in such a way that they were thermally separated from the dome - I wonder if you could somehow get them on the handle etc. I think I'll try the tape option and take it from there.

You can order the table from Weber however I believe the one that did this mod took the legs from an old performer and adapted them into what you see here.

I believe the legs are from this type of Performer shown here. However, that newer table is not an exact fit to those legs. He/She probably needed to drill out new holes in the legs to accommodate the newer style table.

Green Performer Wood Table Top.jpg

You can order the table from Weber however I believe the one that did this mod took the legs from an old performer and adapted them into what you see here.

I thought it was too good to be true that this is a ready-made product. At least it's food for thought. Thanks.

Back