A Friend's Find.

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
I was talking to friend who said he has grill that needed a handle. It intrigued me, so I asked what kind of Grill is it. He said a Weber. So, I gave him a free handle for it, and this is what he had. What model is it?

20230926_074640.jpg20230926_074632.jpg

Last edited:
Mid to late 90's Genesis 1000 LX
That's my guess too, but the broken wooden handle is odd.

The slats look like durawood ( plastic) and the handle on the side table looks like one from a 1000 LX.

Maybe a combination of more than one year ?

That's my guess too, but the broken wooden handle is odd.

The slats look like durawood ( plastic) and the handle on the side table looks like one from a 1000 LX.

Maybe a combination of more than one year ?
The plastic handle was probably the original handle ( also broken) then the guy put the wood handle on it which has since deteriorated to its present condition.

I always assumed the Durawood was simply part of the "running" change from early X000 grills to the later ones. Because my dad bought a 2000 first year it became available but had wood slats (which Jon Tofte now has). No that dad's in assisted living facility my sister is going to take it I think. I put the Durawood parts from my grill onto that one when I retired my 2000 (modded to 3000).

For whatever reason, Weber considered the durawood to be an upgrade over the wood slats and handles. They did offer both at the same time and it was model dependent as to which grills got what.

My friend had duarawood slats with the wood handle. The plastic handle you see on the side was the handle I gave him. He just has not installed it yet.
Well now it will have the right handle on it again. You should have asked him how the wood handle got on there.

I think that wood handle was on there when he got it, I can only speculate. He said he bought the grill used for $100 many years ago.

My friend just confirmed that when he got it, it had the wood handle. Here it is, in all it's glory with the plastic handle I gave him. He said, "Thanks and that he like it very much!"

IMG_1125.jpg.

Last edited:

Back