2007/08 summitt

JSMill

Just got a summitt for a great deal and not much wrong with it except bottom panel has rusted out. Everything else seems pretty solid. I ordered 8 new burners and I'm patiently awaiting delivery today. Does anyone know if the burners are simple to change on the summit?

They are quite simple to change. However why did you buy new ones? They typically last many more years than the age of your Summit. My Summit from early 2000's (forgot exact year I bought it) still has original main burners. I only needed to replace the crossover tube burners. Otherwise the burners are maybe 16 years old. I replaced the crossover tubes in 2009 or 2010. The flavorizer bars are original also FWIW.
When you say bottom rusted out do you mean the cabinet or the fire box? Truly the fire box is the weak link on Summits

Thanks for replying I was hoping you would. I saw your replies all over and glad to be able to chat. I got a great deal on the burners and really it was just to kind of start from new. Old ones were all pretty good except one had a few perforated holes. As for the rust it was not on the box just the cabinet where the propane sits.

Back