1999 Red Performer Needing Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Evers

I just picked up a EE 1999 red performer in good shape, however it does need some tender care. The blades are rusted and need replaced. Does the replacement blades from Weber fit this older model? Or does it need a modification? If so, please help. Also, best way to cut the old one out?

PERFORMER7.JPG

I need to figure out how to connect to a tank. Does the tank have a regulator adapter that attaches to a quick connect? All mine has is a quick connect.

plug.JPG

Also, were do I go for replacement parts for the burner, igniter, ect...

PERFORMER6.JPG

Dave, congratulations on getting a Performer, especially in RED!

You can download an Owner's Manual, if you don't have one, and review the parts schematic carefully to determine any parts you may need for the restoration.

Then, call Weber Customer Service at 1-800-446-1071, and order the parts. Be sure to tell them it is for a Performer, because the one touch blades and cooking grate are stainless steel instead of aluminized steel.

Your gas connector is part of a quick connect. Do you have the tank? A new 5 lb tank from Weber will be around $55. Ask about the quick connect fittings also.

Yes the replacement blades at your local store will fit, because they are the same, albeit they are aluminized steel. Your local store will not have SS blades, which will be available only thru Weber. However, you could have everything arrive in one box if you just order it all directly from Weber.

Best way to cut the old one is with a Dremel or similar rotary cutting tool.

Try to gently sand any rust off the bowl, then use red high temp grill or engine paint on the exposed areas.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with your write up, much appreciated. One thing that was also included was a side grill. I have not seen any of these after searching the web. Was this from weber or custom built. It fits right on the end of the grill like it was made for it.

PERFORMER4.JPG

Dave, the burner part number is 10401-Burner Assembly, and was $20.08 last summer. As for the double burner, I'm thinking it's not Weber but could be wrong.

Any recommendation on high temp black paint for the frame? Brand? Gloss? etc.. I was thinking high temp because I will need to paint the area around the gas burners as well.

i get mine at lowes, home depot or orchard supply. any of those type of stores should have it. i have two black cans. one is gloss and one is flat. both are at 1200 deg. there is some stuff out there that is 1500 deg but i havn't found it.

Is there a brand that is better than another? Also, Does Weber use Gloss as a standard on their frames or flat? Just trying to be consistent with Weber and my rebuild...

That side burner looks like a custom. A totally awesome custom. Do you have a picture of the assembled grill with the side burner attached? Does the square tube slip over the performer frame?

as to the paint i bought several and one of them was very close to the frame paint. just can't remember which one. i just sprayed a few test patches and then went from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back