1985 Weber Fireplace NIB

Ringo,

Awesome find...

Are the screws used to put the handles on stainless? Also, looks like you put an old charcoal grate in the bottom. I was wondering why they didn't come with something like that to help the bottom last longer......Just wondering because I'm supposed to pick one up tomorrow for $40. Don't know how old it is but they say it's like new...we'll see.

Thanks

Nothing is stainless on my new one I got last month.

I believe the older ones came with a grate, mine did not. I just used an old bent charcoal grate from my performer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Berry:
Ringo,

Awesome find...

Are the screws used to put the handles on stainless? Also, looks like you put an old charcoal grate in the bottom. I was wondering why they didn't come with something like that to help the bottom last longer......Just wondering because I'm supposed to pick one up tomorrow for $40. Don't know how old it is but they say it's like new...we'll see.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep! I don't believe they are stainless. I did add the charcoal grate because I wanted to see how it would fit. It fit's great. It sounds like you got a deal for $40. Please post pics of it.

Picked it up today and it's pretty nice. The seller said they only used it once and it looks like it. I'll get some pics and post them tomorrow Shaun.

I gotta say...I have met alot of good folks buying stuff I found on CL. This guy was great. Older guy, used to build houses..bla bla bla...probably could have stayed there and built a fire in the thing and and talked for hours...like I been knowing him all my life.

Just wanted to throw that in there..for what ever it's worth...

Back