Dremel Versa

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but today I picked up a Dremel Versa for about $33 at Frys Electronics. I looked at it the other day on a trip to Lowes but they wanted $50 for it. Since it is raining today in Las Vegas, I haven't tried it out on it's designated purpose (in my mind) which is to get the rest of residue from burnt on sugar bbq sauce on my SS grates. This is what is left after pre-cleaning with the Chargon and a couple of cycles in the dishwasher. To cold and wet outside to give it a try. Charged up in about 90 minutes, and seems pretty powerful. I've got other cordless tools that I could have used with cup brushes, etc., but this seemed pretty neat. I'm sure I'll find other uses for it as well. Anyone else got one of these?

Versa vs. grill residue results are in. The grill residue won hands down. I tried the non-scratch pad first before moving up to the heavy duty pad. Neither made a dent on the baked on blackened bbq sauce on the ss grate. A neat little tool that I now need to find other uses for to justify the purchase. I'll be going back to the cup brush I have on a cordless drill until I build a wire wheel to use on the drill. At least the sun is back out here in Vegas!

For burnt on bbq sauce on grates, usually a burn off with charcoal or propane turns it to ash.:)

Tim

Tim:

I run a NG genesis and that hasn't worked on the ss grate, but worked well on the CI grates I normally run. The SS grate is used on top of my CI grates when I smoke ribs. I always use a Stubbs rub, and vinegar/apple juice mopping. I'll try it again with my next normal cook and put the SS grate in there for the time I normally run after a cook. I know it worked for getting the stuff off of a drip pan for my son's rehab of a 2007 Genesis.

Back