Attaching fireboard fan

Rich S

TVWBB Member
How are you guys attaching the fan for the fireboard to the WSM? I just tossed my stoker and i still have the "dog food bowl" that I used to attach the stoker fan previously

This isn't going to be very helpful to you but I'm using the BBQ Guru fan and adapter with my Fireboard. Well, the one time I used the fan that's what I did and if I use it in the future I'll continue with that setup. If you're implying that you're using Fireboard's fan does it not attach properly to the WSM?

This isn't going to be very helpful to you but I'm using the BBQ Guru fan and adapter with my Fireboard. Well, the one time I used the fan that's what I did and if I use it in the future I'll continue with that setup. If you're implying that you're using Fireboard's fan does it not attach properly to the WSM?

Which BBQ Guru fan did you go with for your WSM? I'm ordering the Fireboard 2 today and plan to get Guru's fan and adapter so i don't have to drill holes into my WSM. However, the Viper is only 10 CFM and the Pit Bull is 25 CFM. Guru nor Fireboard could tell me which one would be better for the 18" WSM.

Oops; I just now saw this. I have the Pit Viper Medium (10 CFM). I rarely use a fan but when I do this one is quite adequate for even my WSM 22 and cycles on and off rather than running continuously. Here's a screenshot from Guru regarding the recommended use for the 25 CFM fan:

1595197124739.png

Back