WSM in need of TLC

Bill D-NC

TVWBB Pro
Back when I was competing in KCBS with my son-in-law, I bought a second WSM. I did brisket and ribs, he did pork and one of his friends (the one with the travel trailer!) did chicken. His friend built a cart for them to make them easier to move and set up. Now that we aren't competing, I have no need for the extra WSM, or the cart for that matter. I did add an Unknown BBQ hinge and Cajun Bandit door & latch.
It is in need of a little TLC, though.

1. In his haste to build the cart, either he didn't realize that the hinge needed to be over the back leg in order to be stable, or he simply just didn't think about it. Either way, the cart fits the barrels great, but not the legs, so he had the bend them up to get them to fit inside the frame of the cart.

2. I bought some latches to secure the barrels to the bases, to keep them in place while transporting. I didn't think to specify, so he welded them on instead of using the bolts I provided.

3. To try and cover the mistake, he painted them.

I'd like to get $200, figuring the door & hinge are worth about $50 each. I'll even throw in the cart, if you want it. But, for obvious reasons, you need to be close enough to Charlotte to come and pick it up. Actually, it's at my daughter's house in Concord and my S-i-L just bought a 'Vette and needs the garage space. So, it is a little time sensitive as well.

Sorry about the picture quality.

Please PM me if interested.

IMG_2140.md.jpg

IMG_2145.md.jpg

IMG_2144.md.jpg

BD

Back