Thermocouple is resetting my HM

PatrickC

I have a 4.3.3 build with the thermocouple option that has been used successfully 3 or 4 times. I've only able to use my smoker once this year in the early spring and thought I'd throw something on this evening, schedule be damned. The HM works great except that when I plug the thermocouple in, it repeatedly resets the HM. Unplugging the thermocouple corrects the problem. I've only used the thermocouple a few times, but it was left inside the covered smoker (which was itself under a canopy) over the summer. Could I have damaged it by leaving it out? Any other thoughts on how to get it working? I had hoped to go to bed soon, but unless I can fix this or use one of the probes as my pit probe, it's going to be a while before I can get it stabilized.

You can use one of your other probes by DISABLING the thermocouple port. The next enabled port/probe will control the pit temp.
This will get you by til your probe problems are resolved.

Thank you for your reply, that's good to know. I went out and played with it a bit more and somehow got it to work again. I think something might be wrong with the power jack, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. Crossing my fingers it holds!

Back