Good eateries in Ventura CA

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
Going to be in Ventura on Biz travel next week

Not just BBQ - but is there any other good "local flavor" / "not to miss" places for Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner?

I KNOW that I can trust the gang at TVWBB
Any good advice greatly appreciated

Thanks mucho

Wow - Lots of Views, but NO replies...?

Ennyhoo - trip is over, and here are a few highlights for anyone who is interested:
-Did not find any que-joints, but I believe I saw ads for one or two that SOUNDED decent

-Pete's Breakfast (from DDD) was REALLY good. The fresh, locally-grown berries were in season and had a nice waffle with 4 different kinds of fresh berries
-There was a seafood place at the base of the pier, had some FRESH tuna tacos and a cold beer, both of which were excellent and reasonably priced.

NOTE: If you find yourself in CA, and have not been there before: If you order tacos from a taco truck, BEWARE!:
When they say that the salsa is "spicy" they may actually be SERIOUS.
Try a bit on the tip of your finger before dumping lots of it on your taco... (Fortunately, I had a really good, ice-cold beer on-hand...)

Ventura was BEAUTIFUL and the people were friendly. My first visit to sunny CA was a great experience.
As a resident of "fly-over country", I used to poo-poo the "California Mystique", but I now have an appreciation for it!

Back