Heatermeter V4.3 problems.

JeremyR

So I just finished building my heatermeter V4.3, and I only get the LCD display and the green and yellow LED's to come on. When the LCD display comes on, I only get black lines on the screen. I am using a RPI 3 B with the heatermeter, which I don't know if I am programing properly or not. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is what you should expect to see on a new build if the RasPi hasn't yet flashed the firmware onto the ATMEGA microcontroller. Are you sure you've written the HM software to the SD card properly?

Did you download the software from https://heatermeter.com/dl/ ?

Steve,
No I am not sure that I have written the HM software to the SD properly. I am fairly new to the RasPi and don't know a lot about them. Do I need the standard RasPi software as well or do I just need the HM software?

You should have a heatermeter specific img file to write to the SD card. The link I provided in my previous message will download that image and it you fill in your WIFI information into the form before downloading, it should auto configure the wifi on the RasPi for you at the same time.

Back