Thermistor on v4.2

PeteW

Hi,

I've just realised I have a thermistor left over from my build.

Searching the GitHub pages it looks like there are instructions on how to include the thermistor on the 4.0 and 4.1 assembly instructions, but not the 4.2 instructions.

Is this just an oversight, or is there a reason I shouldn't just do as per the older instructions?

Thanks

Pete

I assume you're talking about the vishay 10k for ambient?

It's the same method as v4.0 and v4.1 as they still use the same 2.5mm jacks.

BCmrOHw.jpg

Yup. I guess it just got missed off the v4.2 assembly instructions page accidentally then. Have edited the wiki to add it.

The reason it's not on the v4.2 and v4.3 is that it's somewhat gimmicky, not providing any real value to the HM.

The reason it's not on the v4.2 and v4.3 is that it's somewhat gimmicky, not providing any real value to the HM.

Yeah, it just takes the temp of the inside of the HM case - not terribly useful. Much more useful to use an actual probe and hang it in the air away from the pit.

Yeah that is why I stopped including it at all, it is measuring the temperature inside the case and you have to switch your probe coefficients depending on if you have a probe in or not which often can mean it is reading an incorrect value. To measure the ambient it is a better idea to just plug in a probe and let it dangle outside the grill.

Back