First Build

Greg Fountaine

TVWBB Member
What an awesome community and huge kudos to Bryan!

This is my first build on this - I built for the thermocouple option.
Nothing remarkable on the boot output that I can tell :)
I've booted it a couple of times, configured the wireless access.
LCD was lighting but blank, figured out I had to adjust the contrast to the LCD and now I can read it!

The web GUI comes up no problem - been able to navigate around that without issue, set the password and that's all I've changed.

LCD is reporting 22F on the pit probe (have not changed it to thermocouple) - so that is expected.

However, both the green and red LED's are lit? Yellow is off.
I'm trying to figure out what the LED's are telling me - what am I missing?

Great work, sounds like you're pretty much done with your build! Glad it is up and running.

If you check the HeaterMeter config page in the webui the LEDs are configurable. By default, Green is output > 0%, Red is output = 100%, and Yellow is "lid open". You're seeing red and green because it thinks it is 22F and the default setpoint is 225F, so it is running 100% trying to bring up the temperature.

Great work, sounds like you're pretty much done with your build! Glad it is up and running.

If you check the HeaterMeter config page in the webui the LEDs are configurable. By default, Green is output > 0%, Red is output = 100%, and Yellow is "lid open". You're seeing red and green because it thinks it is 22F and the default setpoint is 225F, so it is running 100% trying to bring up the temperature.

Thanks Bryan! Ordering some probes tonight and get what I need to wire up the fan and figure out how to attach it to my WSM Smoker,...

I spent some time going thru the interface today - all I can say is WOW! Got the email/sms setup and going. The probes will be here tomorrow, can't wait to do a test run!

Back