Dirty Drip Tray Contest- Show me your worst!

ChrisB in FL

TVWBB Member
I cleaned the bottom of the frame on my EP-320 I picked up last week just to kind of gauge how bad the rust was going to be. Today I notice a new glob of grease. Pulled the drip tray and wow! I'm certain it's never been cleaned. The seller mentioned he bought a new grill. I figured he upgraded to a Summit or something. Nope, he buys a new Genesis every 4 to 5 years. Ha! So anybody seen anything worse? This one is pretty full. It cleaned up real nice though.

2zfk7wi.png

Sure looks like you will take first place with that one. Can't imagine much worse. That guy likes to throw money away. You should have him call you when he is ready to get another.

Ah, a few weeks ago, however I cleaned my grill when season started, mine caught fire.... So please do not joking with it! :)
I couldn't imagine that before. Thanks God I checked the grill when I saw it blazing. I learned to clean the bottom tray more often and more accurately :-D

LOL, The fact that I see some ash in there, it would seem to me that he did have some fires! when I got my Genesis of CL it was the same way. the guy pulled it out when he was showing me the grill and walked over to his flower garden and just dumped it in there. mine cleaned up well also. I cant let mine go past 3 cooks with out a scraping ( I use a plastic paint putty knife) or I get fires

Agreed, it's essential to clean that drip tray - had a couple fires already. Luckily none of them were bad enough or long enough to cause any permanent damage.

Back