another gas ga

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
Went to the second hand store today and found another gas ga. A bit damaged here and there. The grate looks hardly used. The flavorizer looks in great shape. Sadly no regulator. Best is that it has wood handles in great shape. The crazy thing is that it has remnants of them using charcoal ! So just another to add to my collection.

Well, started working on it today. Will just lightly sand and spray on some protection to the wood handles. They are in near newish condition. The lid has thre small dents, no biggy. Grate will clean up well and last forever if taken care of. For sure it will outlive me as well as all my other grills and smokers. Legs have basically no rust.
what is interesting is that the piezo spark unit is held on by a nut. I have never seen that. They usually just snap in. Really wish that I could date the gas ga's.

George, do you like using the gas GA's? That is one that I have had better luck using the charcoal GA, usually indirect. Or a Q seems to be easier to grill on for me.
But I am a sucker for those wooden handles.....

They do take a bit longer to cook but not by much. I have used mine 3 times in 2 weeks. First two times were just to see how things go and it wasn't bad. The third time was when the wife asked me to grill some meat a few days ago at the last minute. I do prefer charcoal but that would take time. The q was covered and that would take a bit to get things going. So I just grabbed the gga, stuck a can on it and lit it off. 5 minutes and it was ready to go. It did a fine job. So yea, it has it's purpose and I can picture it being handy in other situations. Fire restrictions also make it a handy alternative.

Back