Domino.IO Platform

It actually looks really nice. The core isn't enough to run HeaterMeter's functions though without interfacing it with a bunch of external chips, like an ADC and something with PWM output so you'd need either the Qi module or more likely to roll your own shield with all the needed parts for roughly the same cost. The nice thing is that it already runs OpenWrt which is a huge boost in the right direction.

I'm still staring squarely at the CHIP device though, which I am working on OpenWrt support for currently and will be roughly the same price or cheaper. I should have a device in my hand shortly, although my software still isn't ready yet.

It looks a bit convoluted with all of it's expandable bits and pieces (tiles). The RaspberryPi is a widely accepted platform that has a huge following and supports an educational charity. I usually like to stick to well supported platforms, but that's just me.

Bryan. Thanks. Yeah a lot of options. Following your threads on Version 5 hardware. Looking forward to whatever you decide.

Back