Personal Cooking

Chris Bjork

TVWBB Fan
I can imagine that you are an insanely busy man, do you get a chance to just kick back and grill/bbq for yourself these days?

yes, I am busy but that has never stopped me from starting up a grill and throwing a log on it. If I can't start a fire and cook... I am always eating, drinking, sleeping all things barbecue. I read barbecue. I am constantly tasting herbs and seasonings everyday to keep my taste memory sharp. Every two months I buy every bottle of sauce on the market just to taste test what people are doing. I always have a BBQ cookbook in my car or in my brief case. I can't even sit on the family throne without a cooking magazine or a bbq cookbook on hand. I take a lot of pictures and have a collection of about 25,000 bbq pictures of my travels. In my role at Famous Dave's I am constantly trying out new recipes and concocting new flavor combinations. I can remember every bbq sauce I have ever tasted in every BBQ restaurant I've pretty much ever been in! And people say how is this possible and I say it's no different than a master musician that can remember songs they heard as a kid... I have the same gift for flavors. My seasoning companies say that there's probably five people in America that have my flavor sensitivity for seasonings which is no different than a coffee or tea taster... my gift happens to be seasonings and flavorings! So "Kick Back" ...I am living barbecue every day every second! It's what I do for a living and I am good at what I do and I feel blessed because of it! Blessings my friend... "Famous Dave"

Back