Grill Marks

Mike W

I was wondering what is a great way to get great grill marks on food? I use an older model Weber Kettle that I inherited from my father-in-law. Now I only cook on charcoal. I just can never get the marks on my food.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

Mike,
The best way to get grill marks are as followed. M<ake sure you pre-heat your grill for at least 10-15 minutes. You can try using lump charcoal which does burn hotter than a traditional briquette. You need at least 500-550 degrees in order to sear a piece of protein. Also, a nice light coating of olive oil on the food you are grilling will also help with obtaining great grill marks. Finally, the Gourmet BBQ system sear grate is a great addition to a Weber kettle which will also help you obtain out of this world grill marks.

Grate question

Kk

Thanks again for anwering the question. I will try this the next time. I have seen the Gourmet system from Weber but have not purchased one yet. I think it is also great you are for Illinois. My mother in law lives out by you.

Mike,
Not a problem and this is truly one of the greatest moments I have had in my BBQ career. If it makes sense I feel like I have made it being on here!!

Looks like I am in great company having your mom live here in Illinois.

All the best
KK

Back