Go-To Fuel

MattP

TVWBB Super Fan
Thanks for taking some time to swing by, Kevin. I know many of us here have our favorite source of fuel. For some it's one brand of lump or another, for others it's Kingsford Blue and nothing else.

What is your "go-to" fuel?

MAttP it is my pleasure. This will be the highlights of my BBQ month and thanks for having me!!! What a loaded question. First from an educator stand point I like using Kingsford Blue. This is a great fuel for beginners and intermediate smokers and grillers because the heat source is relatively consistent. It will hit its peak and hold for a good amount of time and begin to then fall. For people getting into our great world of smoking and BBQ'ing it allows them to spend more time and energy on the food and prep. Now, once you have perfected this process I think fuel then becomes an important choice. I use and have used many different types of fuel with that said I do like Royal Oak and Wiked Good products but at the end of the day if it's not smoked on a Weber it's just not the same.

Thanks for the thoughts! I've run across a few reviews of Wicked Good and it seems to be rated quite high. I would love to try their stuff sometime. Haven't found it locally yet, so it looks like I'll need to check out their shipping options/prices.

Back