New LinkMeter package version 5

Bryan Mayland

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I've pushed up all the changes from the past month to github as well as built new packages and AVR and rPi firmware files with upstream fixes from OpenWrt. LinkMeter package version 5, HeaterMeter 20130228B.

Bug in version 5 alarms version 6 now available with the bug fix.

To update LinkMeter, just install copy and paste the LinkMeter 6 package URL into the web interface System -> Software -> Download and Install Package. Once linkmeter is upgraded, upgrade the AVR firmware from "bundled" firmware.
Code:
[hm] Add support for 4-line home
[hm] Disable interrupts when switching rx/tx modes to prevent lockups occurring in rf12_xfer from the non-interrupt side
[hm] Alarms must now be 'armed' before ringing by being more than 1 degree from their threshold
[hm] Silence alarms during Lid Open mode
[hm] Non-symmetric alarm thresholds make the trigger seem more accurate
  A low alarm set for 100 enables at 101.0 and goes off at 99.9999...
  A high alarm set for 100 enables at 98.9999... and goes off at 100.0
[hm] Fix for ITPlus transmitters at exactly 32F
[hm] Move to Arduino 1.0.3
[hm] Disable some unused chip functions, the DIDR0 might actually improve ADC accuracy
[hm] Turn on RF send every 5 seconds by default now
[hm] 20130228 23,918 bytes
[wrt] Include LuCI msmtp configuration package
[lm] Add lcd 4-line home to conf page
[lm] Include a link to the SMTP configuration page on the alarm script page
[lm] Add the alarm scripts to the list of backup files
[lm] Use probe names on the alarm script page, LMGT now supports multiple items per query
[lm] Display the network address of the first ACTIVE interface (on the HeaterMeter toast message)
[lm] Relabel alarm disable to alarm silence
[lm] Reset the JSON to default when linkmeter reloads, prevents stuck alarm indicators
[lm] Fix reset/reboot buttons not working properly after a config change on conf page
[lm] Add alarm low/high to json status
[lm] Change LMSS sends to once every 5 seconds (instead of 3) if nothing has changed
[lm] Home page degrees per hour now use alarm high limits for their targets

Last edited:
Bryan, I get the following when I try to go to Alarm Scripts:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/lm/alarms'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua:75: /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/linkmeter/alarms.lua:88: 'end' expected (to close 'for' at line 57) near '<eof>'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:448: in function 'dispatch'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:195: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:194>

How did that happen I am not good with computers.

The I just updated version 5 to include the "end" but I don't think it will let you upgrade over the existing version 5. It actually needs to be on line 63:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/linkmeter/alarms.lua
Code:
for i = 0, 3 do
  local pname = pnames[i+1] or "Probe " .. i

for _, j in pairs({ "Low", "High" }) do
    scriptitems[#scriptitems+1] = { fname = i..j:sub(1,1),
      title = pname .. " " .. j }
  end  -- ADD THIS END HERE
end

Last edited:
I just updated the software and i played around with it a little bit and having a problem... when the alarm goes off the web page freezes. If i refresh the page the it goes blank but the background image is still there though... the HM itself is still working just fine alarms going off at the high and low settings but the web page still stays frozen. I have to reboot the AVR in order to get the web page to work again. Then it will work till the alarm goes off then it freezes again.

Is this for the version 4 board and rpi only? Or does it work with the v3.2 board and WRT54?
v3.2 HeaterMeter can use the same AVR firmware, but the LinkMeter WRT54GL package is:
http://capnbry.net/linkmeter/snapshots/trunk/packages/linkmeter_6_brcm47xx.ipk

Good luck updating it from the web server though. WRT54GLs are the worst with memory. You can try it from SSH (maybe this command line?):
opkg install http://capnbry.net/linkmeter/snapshots/trunk/packages/linkmeter_6_brcm47xx.ipk

I have updated Linkmeter to ver 6 and heatermeter to 20130228B. I have edited the /etc/msmtprc file for my gmail account. I still do not get a "Services" tab on the config page. It was working with Linkmeter version 4, and after I upgraded to ver 6 I lost my "Services" tab. Any ideas?

Thanks

Yeah it was down yesterday because the company I work for moved to a new office. Bad news is that the static IPs changed so the server was down for a bit. Good news is that the new connection is 150 Mbit / 50 Mbit so there's an insane amount of bandwidth.

It should be back up and accessible just as soon as your DNS cache gets refreshed.

Back