Rack of Lamb with Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

TVWBB Fan
This is my first time cooking lamb on the BBQ and i am also new to charcoal, just got my performer this summer.

So I seasoned the lamb with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon, a bit of honey and salt and pepper. The salt was added just before cooking though as i read somewhere on net not to put salt on lamb a while before cooking.

Left lamb at room temperature for an hour before cooking. Cooked on indirect heat for a little over one hour.

I was going to remove it earlier but my family members like their meat well done and were scared to eat it when it was a bit pink.

Temp was around 350F the whole time.

Check pics at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/su...shman/RackOfLambBBQ#

Overall, I am happy with my first lamb cook and was told it came out delicious.

elmo
icon_smile.gif

Those look really good, elmo. I enjoy lamb but have not cooked any in a long time. I'll have to add that to my To Make list.

Great job elmo!
I love lamb but I usually buy a leg, I'll have to try a rack and see how that goes.

Excellent job, Elmo! Next time I'm in Trader Joe's I need to get some and try this for myself. I've never done lamb before.
Good job!

Elmo

The pictures make me want to run to Halaal store. They rock!

Actually the pictures might contain the answer to a query I posted on the forum this morning. I have used exactly the same procedure as you have to light the briquettes but even after 45 minutes, they aren't ready the way they are in your pictures.
Questions:
1. What sort of briquettes are you using? I used all natural ones from Trader Joe's
2. Did you keep the lid on or off during the 30 minutes it took for them to ash over?

Once again, your results look super. I'm going to give lamb a go this weekend.

Thanks guys
icon_smile.gif

Shantanu, I use Maple Leaf Charcoal briquettes, like one in this link below:

http://rona.ca/shop/~charcoal-...73346_!charcoal_shop

I read good reviews on them on net and like them because they dont have any chemicals added to them. They are also easy to get for me because the company that makes them is in the same province where i live.

I did not try any other kind of charcoal briquettes though.

So I put 25 briquettes in each basket and turn on the fire underneath them on performer for 5 mins. Then, i turn off the gas fire knob and leave the charcoal alone for 30 mins and they are ready.

I keep lid off and leave bottom vents fully open during during the lighting of the charcoal so that air can reach the charcoal and help light them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shantanu Sharma:
Thank you. That was my problem. I kept the lid on and gave it a go and 30 minutes was all I needed. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My pleasure, glad I was able to help
icon_smile.gif

Elmo, the lamb looks great. Racks are wonderful. The Maple Leaf briquettes - is that the same company that does lump charcoal ? The labelling is different from the lump I buy so that is why I ask.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George L:
Excellent job, Elmo! Next time I'm in Trader Joe's I need to get some and try this for myself. I've never done lamb before.
Good job! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trader Joe's !! My favourite store when I visit the US. They need to expand to the North...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark B:
Elmo, the lamb looks great. Racks are wonderful. The Maple Leaf briquettes - is that the same company that does lump charcoal ? The labelling is different from the lump I buy so that is why I ask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Mark. I am not sure which kind you are referring to but this is another kind of charcoal that the same company makes:

http://rona.ca/shop/~charcoal-...67604_!charcoal_shop

elmo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark B:
Elmo, the lamb looks great. Racks are wonderful. The Maple Leaf briquettes - is that the same company that does lump charcoal ? The labelling is different from the lump I buy so that is why I ask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Mark. I am not sure which kind you are referring to but this is another kind of charcoal that the same company makes:

http://rona.ca/shop/~charcoal-...67604_!charcoal_shop

elmo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we're talking about the same company then. That link shows the brand I buy regularly. I find it burns well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back