Weber Homemade Pizza Oven

Dennis C

TVWBB Fan
Created my own pizza oven based on the kettle pizza oven design. I used Aluminum for the oven on my 26.75 grill. Pizza came out great. I used a mix of Charcoal and Oak wood. I don't know the final Temp, but it did hit the 600 degree mark and kept going all the way around to the 0 reading portion of the gauge. I have to assume I hit over 800+ degrees

Total cost of the Aluminum was about 8.50 and the handle wood I used was 4 dollars.

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

red_pizza_stone_617514_1.jpg

Homegoods had this on sale for 15.00. Held up great so far. Emile Henry Flame is the brand I used. I also heard the Big Green Egg stone works great as well.

Got it at a locally at a roofing skylight installer business but you can get it pretty much cut to size anywhere for a reasonable price.

It was a fun project. I'd like to try making some bread on it next.

Great job, Dennis!

How tall is that oven cylinder? I'm guessing about 8". Did you roll or crimp the edges to get a tight seal or just leave them as cut?

My kettle is the 22.5. I'm thinkin' I'm just gonna have to bake smaller pizzas - and more of them.
icon_wink.gif

I put a bunch of wing nuts inside. Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of what I did and show the dimensions better.

BTW I did 12 inches tall. You want it to form a tight fit on the lid if you can.

With a 22.5 I'd estimate 71 inches of metal and maybe go 2-3 inches over that

Originally posted by Dennis C:

Homegoods had this on sale for 15.00. Held up great so far. Emile Henry Flame is the brand I used. I also heard the Big Green Egg stone works great as well.

ugh I paid 50 for this at Williams Sonoma. It works great though.

Awesome! I bet if you add another grate that holds a stone on the top it would cook even faster. Really nice job and great looking artisan pie!
icon_eek.gif

Love this idea. My brother in law's family owns a metal shop (made me new grate straps for a 3rd rack in the 22), I definetly need to stop by and get one of these made.

My cheap pizza stone finally broke in the grill, after many more uses than I thought it would last. My grandmother is into pottery so I asked her to make me stone that could take the high heat without cracking. She said, just get a ceramic kiln shelf for $15 in the size you want. It has been working great so far.

Back