2011 E-320 New in Box vs. 2010 Used S-310-which would you pay more for?

Jason Medley

TVWBB Member
Got some hypothetical questions for the TVWBB community. What grill would you rather have? What is the max price you would pay on CL for a new in box 2011 Weber Black Genesis E-320 (retails for $749)-box is sealed and has no noticable damage of any kind on the box. I also have a 2010 Weber Genesis S-310 (retail is $849) I am selling with a NIB rotisserie but the grill is used (normal wear for a year old grill that has been cooked on)-what is the max price you think you would pay for either of these on CL? Which grill do you think I could get more for? If you were buying a NIB grill from CL, would you rather have it come in a sealed box, or already put together (then it wouldn't be in the box)? Would you pay close to retail if it was NIB, but on CL?

Personally, I wouldn't pay close to retail on an item from CL - I like having the peace of mind that comes with a warranty in the unlikely case something is wrong.

As far as the 1 year old stainless model - I would comparison shop around the web and price accordingly. It will be hard to get someone to pay a lot of money for a used grill. Like cars, I imagine that there's some pretty steep depreciation right off the bat - even though any new grill will start to look well worn after grilling a few greasy burgers.

I would tend to agree. Weber's warranty doesn't transfer between owners in most cases, so I wouldn't even consider a used grill over $200.

The S310 is more appealing as it ss, the E320 has the side burner which most people do not care for. It is NIB, I believe the warranty follows the grill. The average person is buying the name not the warranty, the warranty is afterthought. How comfortable would you feel if someone tells you the grill has a warranty when you are selling a used grill? It sounds appealing but weird. I would pay between 250 to 300 for each grill, but closer to 250. I find it hard for someone to shell out 300 plus for a used grill unless its a summit. I saw a ss s420 and they were asking 250. People will wait for a good deal on cl or get an older one for 50 bucks rehab it be in for 150 or less and it does the same thing. There is not that much of a difference in the performance of the grills what changes is the look. I helped my buddy find a 97 spirit 3 burner for 15 dollars. He called weber and they sent him new burners under warranty, he bought new flavorizer bars and a new grate. good luck.

Well, I was able to get $550 (I kept the propane tank and rotisserie) for the 2010 Genesis S-310 Used and I got $600 for the NIB 2011 Black E-320.

Also was able to get $650 for a NIB 2011 E-310 Espresso and I got $550 for a Used 2010 E-310 Espresso a couple weeks ago.

Guess there are few people out there willing to shell out the bucks for a nice used Weber or a NIB Weber on CL!!

Back