Grilled Redfish or Snapper

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
Leave the scales and skin on the filets and season the meat with salt and pepper. Melt about 5 tablespoons of butter for two filets. Chop up about 6 cloves of garlic until finely minced and add the garlic to the melted butter. Then add about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the butter and garlic mixture.

Then spoon on the butter, garlic and lemon juice mixture on to the top of the filets with the skin side down. Take them to a medium to hot grill and put the tails of the fish over indirect heat with the other side over direct heat skin side down. Cook for about 20 minutes until fish is opaque (white).

The skin side will usually be black and crispy, but that is OK as the fish is really good and the garlic will be cooked perfectly on top. I eat the fish right out of the skin with a fork.

Redfish on the half shell. I fillet all of my redfish that way; it's very tasty grilled like you say with just a little butter and lemon. Sometimes I sprinkle a little Old Bay seasoning on them.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chop up about 6 bulbs of garlic until finely minced and add the garlic to the melted butter. Then add about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the butter and garlic mixture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Six bulbs of garlic!? Do you mean six cloves of garlic?

Sorry, yes I do mean about 6 cloves of garlic, although if I wasn't too lasy, I would do 6 bulbs of garlic. I can never have enough of that stuff. So basically, put as much garlic as you want.

Back