ET-73 died

So, my Maverick ET-73 passed away quietly this weekend. It's first signs of serious stress were when the FOOD side stopped working - OK, never relied on that very much anyway. But this weekend it stopped transmitting the smoke temp, and that's serious, esp when you're doing an overnight butt cook.
Anyway, have they improved them at all? Does the remote switch not break? Does it really work at 100 ft now? Are there any alternatives?

Cheers,
Michael

RIP, in this time of sorrow, we all wish you the best. You had a good friend and faithful servant, be glad for the time you spent together.

Mark

Michael i got my ET-73 2 month ago and after a cook in the kettle i checked temp with the smoke probe and it did go up to max (HHH) and then it dident go down again so i called the store and got a new smoke probe the day after.

And the 100ft well cant say mine works as good as i like,but still better signal then webers old model and another remote termo i have.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts - say around 225? I might bury it with a small ceremony - not! And being in Canada, Amazon don't ship here, eh?

Anyway, waddya gonna do?

Cheers,
Michael

Another bit of too late advice I guess ...

Never submerge the probes in liquid only wipe clean with a damp cloth (read user manual)

IIRC maverick probes are only rated for 425ºF ... above will fry them (read user manual)

Back