Grill Mat Question

Brandon B.

TVWBB Member
Anyone use any sort of vinyl mat that wasn't specifically designated as a grill mat? I am in a new house and currently grill on grass. I have a bunch of projects on the Honey-Do list so building a grilling patio might have to wait a bit. Most grill mats I see are 30"x60" at the largest. I was hoping to get something more like 6'x6'. I realize I can just get two mats, but I was hoping others might have better ideas.

thx

Brandon, don't know it this will help or not but I just put a outdoor rug under my performer to protect my pool deck. It was one of those cheap models I believe labeled and used for campers to wipe their feet prior to getting into their vehicles. I picked it up at Home Depot for around $15. Tried to display a pic, but couldn't figure out how.

Hi Brandon. Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't understand what your trying to do. If your trying to protect your grass from using a grill or smoker on top of it, than using a mat or whatever will kill your grass a heck of a lot faster than just using your stuff on stable ground.

Tim

I was trying to avoid standing in the grass getting mosquito bit while grilling... on the cheap! I ended up just building a 8' x 8' cobblestone patio. Working GREAT too!!

Thx for the replies though.

Back