Maverick ET-733 Display

B.Lasky

TVWBB Super Fan
I've had my Maverick for a few weeks. The display is very, faint unless viewed at certain angles. I've tried fresh batteries. With the backlight on it seems worse. If viewed straight on is the issue. Does this seem normal?

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but IIRC my 5yr old ET-73 had a protective film over the display, is yours removed?

Tim

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but IIRC my 5yr old ET-73 had a protective film over the display, is yours removed?

Oh; that's something I might have overlooked and have in the past. Anyway, I also have the 733. I think you should probably call customer service and see what they have to say - my display isn't faint at all. Maybe take a few pictures and send them in an email.

Yeah took that off first thing.

It took me about three smokes before I even noticed it, and it was starting to curl off lol.
Just a guess, do you store it outside like in a shed or garage? I know when mine is cold the LCD looks weak, almost fogged over. Once warmed to room temps it's fine.

Tim

Replace the batteries. Mine lasted about 3 cooks and then the display got faint. I changed the batteries and now it is back to normal. I have only cook about 2 time since I changed the batteries. Good Luck.

Sounds like a very good reason to call customer service, especially since changing batteries didn't solve the problem.

Back