Upgrading LinkMeter / Bricked Router

Andrew Meimann

TVWBB Member
A year ago I built three LM's with V3.2 HM's. All three of the LM's are Model WRT54g V2. I successfully updated the LM I kept for myself to version 8. A friend that I gave one of the other LM's to wanted me to update his. I unsuccessfully tried updating just the LM package multiple times. I then tried flashing the full version. It got most of the way though the upgrade and then froze up. When I rebooted (it sat at least 8 hours before rebooting) the power light flashes fast, and the DMZ light turns on and off every few seconds. It no longer responds to pings. I assumed JTAG was the only way to access it now.

I hooked it up with my JTAG cable and using the HDM software was able to save backups of the CFE, NVRAM, KERNEL, and WHOLEFLASH, and when I do a -probeonly it sees the CPU fine. After that I tried erasing the NVRAM and rebooting but that didn't fix it.

My question is can I make a backup of the WHOLEFLASH on my LM that has already successfully updated, and then flash it to the one that is bricked? Will this solve the problem or should I go about it a different way?

Thanks

I was able to get LM back on the router, but now I need to change the baud rate on LM so it will communicate with HM, so I can upgrade HM. I can't seem to figure out how to get to /etc/config/lucid to change this. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

You can either edit the file with `vi /etc/config/lucid` or it is probably easier to just set it with uci:
Code:
uci set lucid.linkmeter.serial_baud=38400
uci commit lucid
/etc/init.d/lucid restart

Back