Breville countertop Convection ovens

Mike Leiter

TVWBB Pro
Wife and I bought one of the Breville BOV800XL 1800-Watt Smart Ovens at Christmas to try out. We have a new full size convection oven in the house but for nights when its just her and I it seemed like a lot of time and energy to heat that one up for a small meal. Some things just cant be microwaved or just don't taste right when you do. I never thought I would be happy about spending that much money on essentially a " Toaster " oven but I was wrong and glad the wife pushed me into it. These things are great for small meals and it heats up fast and cooks great. It also has a auto timer feature that will shut it down after x amount of time but you can set that at any temp.
I have cooked a few fresh meals, reheated a bunch more and just played with it trying to figure out what it wont do...If you ever need a small oven these are ones to look at for smaller meals and will pretty much do anything a large oven will. I had a few toaster ovens in my younger bachelor days and they always burned stuff up or really wouldn't cook well and really thought this would be the same. Breville really came out with a quality item on this one.

The only bad thing is the cabinet does get hot so don't lay anything on top while cooking. They have a optional bamboo board you can place on the top during cooks to alleviate this issue but its pricey.

We have one as well. I really like it. For it only being me and the wife at home, it is the first choice to cook rather than the big in-wall oven. Really great product.

We have one as well. I really like it. For it only being me and the wife at home, it is the first choice to cook rather than the big in-wall oven. Really great product.

After a month of owning it I can still say the same great things about it. We use this all the time for almost anything except for lasagna which the pan is just a tad too big. Like you with just the wife and I at home its great to use.

Mike, have you used it as a toaster? I was looking at one to not just use as an oven, but to also replace a toaster that takes FOREVER to make toast. I couldn't find any information as to toasting times compared to other toaster ovens and conventional toasters.

Mike, have you used it as a toaster? I was looking at one to not just use as an oven, but to also replace a toaster that takes FOREVER to make toast. I couldn't find any information as to toasting times compared to other toaster ovens and conventional toasters.

We also got rid of our 4 slice toaster to make some extra room for this. It makes toast fine and my wife uses it for her bagels all the time also...

I purchased the Breville BOV800XL from Bed, Bath, and Beyond using one of their 20% off coupons. List price is $249 and the coupon will take it down to $200 before tax.

We use it all the time and it really performs well as a small oven and toaster.

That's what we did Derrick 20% off @ Bed Bath and Beyond. Around 3 years ago we purchased the XL Breville Toaster oven. Replaced Microwave and 4 slot toaster. Works excellent. Only have used our full size oven a few times since purchasing. Teenage son was diagnosed with stage 4 testicular cancer, Tumors all over inside. Wanted to eat healthier and throw out the microwave since I've read about the micro waves etc..not being that great for the body. Son is completely cured. Anyways love Breville small appliances. Own the Toaster oven, Food Processor, Mixer and the Juicer. We juice regularly now with organic veggies. Drs. All said he would need blood transfusions, operations after chemo etc...didn't need any of that. Keep him on a healthier diet. God is Good! Sorry for the long story but that's how my Breville journey begin.

Glad you like it Roger and great news about your son being cured. I actually bought my second one while visiting daughter in TN. They have stores in Nashville called Essex and they had 6 of these Breville BOV800XL models priced at 150.00 NIB...I jumped on another one for a spare or gift at that price and we bought another one for my daughter also. We still use ours about everyday and still love its ease of use and operation. We have since purchased the Bamboo boards for the top and they helped on the top getting warm if things are sitting on top.

Thanks Mike and everyone! That's a excellent price. I have a stoneware on top. For baking square deep dish pizza. Seems to work as far as the heat. Excellent little ovens

Back