Maverick ET732 off by 40 degrees!!!

Brad Smith

TVWBB Member
Well, last Christmas I upgraded my Maverick to an ET732 (the 300 foot range one). Been very happy with it until today when it measures 40 degrees HOT. I still had my old Maverick ET73 and confirmed it's measuring too hot.

I called Maverick and they said only a 90 day warranty (not impressed) and to try new batteries or new probes. Tried batteries and the same probes measure correctly in the old ET73.

Needless to say I'm frustrated. Any ideas on other things to fix it or has anyone else seen these issues?

Thanks for the input!

I would call em up and say that the 90 day warranty is fckd up! And i would tell em i will spread this word on the internet if they dont send you a new one. So how do i know my 1year old 732 is reading is ok. If the calibration from start is good it should follow atleased a year. After that well. But if they cant stand by there own product more then 90 days....Oh man. I will not recomend this product anymore if you dont get it replaced. (guess you talked to the HQ place?) If not call em...and the local dealer.

Well, called them and got GREAT NEWS!!! Evidently the probes from the 2 ET73 (older units) are NOT compatible with the ET732 (New long range version). I have approx 8 probes and only two are for the new one. Swapped those out and looks like I'm in business again.

So glad it was something silly....

If you have both and need to tell the difference, the ones with the "oval" shape on the side of the plug going into the transmitter are the OLD version and won't work. The newer ones have a smaller plug shaped head.

Back