Any other vegans out there?

ToddC-IN

Nah, I'm just kiddin'.... don't think I'll be going vegan any time soon. Although, I did just read a post where someone roasted a butternut squash on their WSM, which looked really good.

I'm new to the WSM, but not barbeque in general. My first foray into real 'que was probably 10 years ago with the trusty OTG. I used to smoke ribs and chicken on that quite a bit. Then I stepped up to a Bar-B-Chef offset about 5 years ago, which I really enjoyed. It performed well, but was a fuel hog and didn't have enough room to smoke everything I wanted. Temps were very easy to maintain (unless it was windy), but not very consistent within the smoke chamber. I found myself always tending the fire and moving food around if I had it even remotely full. I wanted something that would be more efficient and still hold lots of meaty bits, and take up less space on the patio. The WSM seems to fit the bill. I got the wild hair middle of last week, had the offset sold via craigslist on Friday, and my 22.5 WSM just showed up yesterday. Can't wait to try out the WSM this weekend on some brisket and chicken, probably.

In addition to the 22.5 OTG, and 22.5 WSM, I also have a Genesis E320 that I've converted to accept CNG from a line plumbed outside (really nice not having to buy propane tanks). I love my Webers, and it doesn't hurt that my wife's uncle worked (since retired) at Weber in Chicago and we were able to get some very nice discounts.

Great forum you all have here, and thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Take care,
Todd

Welcome Todd! I have a few friends that don't " eat food that formally had a face", and they love the smoked veggies that come my WSM. Oddly enough, they also really like the smell of BBQ too;)

Back